21 FEB 2013 00:00 - NIREN TOLSI
The SAPS's apparently shoddy detective work has been exposed by Oscar Pistorius's defence team in the second day of his bail hearing.
In what was a brutal interrogation that left Botha flustered and unravelling during his testimony, Roux also noted that “it seems that an approach was adopted [by the police] to discard anything that may be consistent with the defence’s” version of events. Something Botha denied.
Botha had also stated that bail be denied to Pistorius because he posed a flight risk as he owned property in Italy and operated an offshore account. However Roux was categorical that no such property existed and that the offshore account was a commercial one, form which no money could be withdrawn.
Pistorius case in chaos: Lead detective is 'dropped' from investigation after it emerges he is facing SEVEN attempted murder charges
- Warrant officer Hilton Botha will face seven charges of attempted murder
- AFP: WO Botha had been dropped from the the case
- Alleged incident occurred in 2009 and involved two other officers
- Accused of opening fire while drunk on a taxi containing seven passengers
- Police confirmed charges and said he is 'innocent until proven guilty'
- Despite allegations he will remain in charge of Oscar Pistorius murder case
- He was first officer at the house where Reeva Steenkamp was shot dead
VIDEO In court. Paralympian hangs head as hearing shown floor plans of house
VIDEO Investigating officer in Oscar case faces attempted murder charges
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2282087/Oscar-Pistorius-detective-Hilton-Botha-facing-SEVEN-attempted-murder-charges-drunken-shooting.html#ixzz2LWRzAfQa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Pistorius investigating officer facing seven charges of attempted murder
"These views would be dressed in different suits and faces on this podium, but we know that they were cooked in a blue pot".