Saturday, August 16, 2014

Zuma meets with Nxasana over NPA inquiry - Former crime intelligence boss Richard Mdluli heads back to court

Zuma meets with Nxasana over NPA inquiry
2014-08-15 15:52
(Picture: AP)

Related Links
Nxasana: Allegations part of a plot
NPA head possible suspension raise questions
Zuma considers NPA head suspension

Johannesburg - President Jacob Zuma met National Director of Public Prosecutions (NDPP) Mxolisi Nxasana on Friday, the presidency said.

"[The two met] to discuss various matters around the president's intention to hold an enquiry into the NDPP's fitness to hold office," spokesperson Mac Maharaj said in a statement.

"The president has taken note of the issues raised by the NDPP."

He said an announcement would be made when all the processes had been completed.

Earlier this month, Zuma notified Nxasana that he was considering suspending him pending an inquiry into his fitness to hold office.

Nxasana filed an urgent application in the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria this week seeking an interdict to stop Zuma from suspending him before he had been provided with full details of the allegations against him and given a chance to make further representations.

Judge Joseph Raulinga postponed his application indefinitely.

Zuma announced his decision to institute the inquiry on 5 July5, after reports emerged that Nxasana had apparently not been given a security clearance because of past brushes with the law.

This included being tried for murder about 30 years ago.

He was acquitted on the charge based on his version of self-defence.

Read more on: jacob zuma | mxolisi nxasana | pretoria | politics

Comments by : Made in SOUTH AFRICA
In a recent edition of the investigating newspaper on Fridays,i read an interesting article of exactly what the spytapes were.
They were the result of a full blown SAPS Crime Intelligence operation,dating back to 2003,called Operation Destroy Lucifer,targeting around 45 people in the NPA and Scorpions like Leonard McCarthy and Gerrie Nel.

Another interesting fact is that a former commander of Crime Intelligence,Mulangi Mphegho,at one point in the endless prosecutoral wars stated under oath that these phone intercepts reveal that the NDPP who decided not to charge Number One,Mokotedi Mpshe, had an affair with a prosecutor in Kimberley and that he alledgedly approved fraudulent travel claims by her in order to pursue the relationship with him.Nice blackmailing material don't you think?

Mpshe is still an acting judge in the Land Claims court 4 years after he left the post of NDPP and has never appeared before the Judicial Services Commission,where difficult questions can be asked.

In that article it is also clearly stated that Mpegho in 2007 approved an application to conduct phone and electronic intercepts of 6 targets on the basis that they are drug suspects.One of that suspects was Leonard McCarthy.
A certain Richard Mdluli also approached a certain Prince Mokotedi,head of the NPA "Integrity" Management Unit in September 2007,to ask for help in his investigation of Gerrie Nel,Mokotedi referred him to a certain Nomgcobo Jiba

Jiba of course had an axe to grind with Gerrie Nel,because he secured the conviction of her husband,an attorney by the name of Booker Nhantshi for theft of trust funds.She would later go to considerable lengths to procure an arrest warrant for Gerrie Nel.Jiba was also in frequent communication with a certain Lawrence Mrwebi,who provided an affidavit in support of Mdluli's investigation of Nel.Nothing came of any investigation of Nel,as we all know.Number One would later expunge the criminal record of Booker Nhantshi,and he was appointed to a government job.

Jiba was internally charged for her actions,but after a labour court case,Mpshe approved an out of court settlement and she was reinstated.
Off course Jiba took over as NDPP from Menzi Simelane,and Jiba and Mrwebi shielded Mdluli from prosecution even though a Hawks dossier implicated him in the theft of millions from the SAPS secret account.
As should be clear by now Number One appointed Mxolisi Nxasana because he thought he could control him.That after the DA threatened with a court case if Number One did not appoint a permanent NDPP.

When he turned out to be more independent and decided to charge Mdluli,his fate was sealed.
One of the many questions now is,what does Mdluli know to ensure him this kind of protection?There must also be an enquiry into Adv Nomgcobo Jiba,Adv Lawrence Mrwebi and Adv Moipone Noko,PDPP in Kwazulu Natal.

They are the ANC team players in the NPA.
Adv Jiba and Mrwebi were the ones who shielded Mdluli from prosecution against fraud charges,for defrauding the SAPS secret account out of millions of rands.
Jiba also had Adv Gerrie Nel arrested to thwart him with going ahead with the arrest of Jackie Selebi.She also owes Number One big time,because Number One expunged the criminal record of her husband Booker Nhantsi,and he was appointed to a government job after that.
Adv Noko and Mrwebi also decided not to go ahead with charges against Peggy Nkonyeni and Mike Mbuyakhulu,MEC members of the ANC in Kwazulu Natal,in the Gaston Savoi "Amigos" case in KZN,although the previous acting PDPP in KZN,Adv Mlotschwa,felt there was a case to be answered by Nkonyeni and Mbhuyakhulu.In fact Mlotschwa was removed,and replaced with Noko,simply because of this case.

Noko also withdrew the case against Thoshan Panday,and colonel Navin Madhoe,from the SAPS in KZN,who tried to bribe Genl Johan Booysen with R2 Million.Thoshan Panday is a highly connected individual and a business partner of Edward Zuma,son of Number One.
Noko also dropped the case against tenderpreneur Shawn Mpisane.


Mdluli heads back to court

August 10 2014 at 12:21pm

IOL - richard mdluli

Independent Newspapers

Former crime intelligence boss Richard Mdluli. File picture: Phill Magakoe

Johannesburg - Former crime intelligence boss Richard Mdluli will appear in the Palm Ridge Magistrate's Court on Monday after criminal charges against him were reinstated.

The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) confirmed on Sunday that Mdluli would return to court.

However, spokesman Nathi Mncube would not confirm which charges Mdluli would be facing.

“That will be confirmed in court tomorrow,” he said in an SMS to Sapa.

According to City Press, Mdluli would be appearing on charges which included kidnapping, assault and intimidation.

Charges were reinstated earlier this year after the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) upheld a high court ruling against the withdrawal of fraud and corruption charges against Mdluli.

This was after Freedom Under Law sought an order in the High Court in Pretoria to set aside the decisions and reinstate the charges against him.

Mdluli was suspended amid allegations of fraud and corruption, and charges relating to the murder of his ex-lover's husband Ramogibe in February 1999.

In the 15-year-old case, Mdluli and three others were initially accused of killing Oupa Ramogibe, as well as charges of intimidation, kidnapping, assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm, attempted murder, and conspiracy to commit murder.

Ramogibe allegedly received death threats after marrying Mdluli's former girlfriend and was told to leave her or he would be killed. He opened an attempted murder case before his death.

At the time, Mdluli was the station commander of the Vosloorus police station in Boksburg, east of Johannesburg, and was accused of sabotaging the investigation.

The charges of kidnapping and assault relate to allegations that he intimidated and assaulted the family and friends of his ex-lover to find out where she had moved to when she got married.

The fraud and corruption charges, meanwhile, relate to a different time in Mdluli's life in his capacity as head of the crime intelligence unit.

He is accused of employing family members and friends as intelligence operatives, and misusing police funding to buy luxury cars.

The fraud and corruption charges were withdrawn on December 14, 2011, and in March 2012, Mdluli was reinstated as head of crime intelligence.

A month later, the NPA provisionally withdrew the murder charges, pending an inquest into the matter.

In May that year, then police minister Nathi Mthethwa announced Mdluli would be transferred from crime intelligence to the office of the deputy national police commissioner for operations.

Later, he was suspended for a second time when allegations emerged from the inquest into Ramogibe's murder. In November 2012, the inquest cleared him of any involvement in the murder.




  2. Good day. I was impressed with your article. Keep it up . You can also visit my site if you have time. Thank you and Bless you always.

    Labour Lawyers in Pretoria